Get Help From Experienced SSI lawyers in Tulsa, OK
Hiring the right SSI attorney will make all the difference in your case. The attorneys at Barnard Law Firm specialize in social security disability law and have the knowledge and experience to get you the maximum benefits you deserve.
We understand the claims process is very confusing, which is why we represent you through the entirety of your case. Contact our law office today to request your free consultation.
What Is Supplemental Security Income?
If you’re looking to apply for social security in Tulsa, OK, you can qualify for SSI or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), sometimes both.
Supplemental Security Income is a Federal supplement program funded by general tax revenues, not Social Security taxes. It is designed to help elderly, blind, and disabled people who cannot earn a livable income. It provides cash so your basic needs can be met.
If you meet the strict requirements, you’ll receive monthly payments to help pay for your food, clothes, and shelter.
How Do You Qualify For SSI?
To meet the requirements for SSI, you must:
- Meet the income and asset requirements set by the SSA
- Be disabled
- Be a US citizen or meet the exceptions of the citizenship rule
Give us a call today so we can help you better understand the requirements and whether or not you qualify for Supplemental Security Income.
What Disabilities Are Covered?
Both adults and children can qualify for SSI. In order to meet the criteria, you must:
- Suffer from a condition that affects your ability to perform work-related activities and has lasted or is expected to last more than one year or result in death
- Be living with a disability listed on the Social Security Administration’s list of impairments
- Or, if your condition is not on the list, provide proof it prevents you from performing your past work or being able to perform within a new job.
Determining eligibility for SSI is a complicated process, which is why we recommend contacting a lawyer. Let us do the hard work for you.
How Can An Attorney Help?
If you’re struggling to make ends meet due to a disability, SSI benefits can greatly affect the quality of your life. With an overall 70% denial rate for social security cases, it’s highly beneficial to turn to an experienced SSI law firm in Tulsa.
If you have any questions about the claims process, your eligibility, the amount of benefits you can receive, or how to appeal a decision already made, contact us today at 918-376-3896. We want to help you live a better life.